Thursday 20 June 2013

Wave Serpent

Finished the Wave Serpent although I may freehand some briar thorns on and put some transfers on. I also need to fineline the cockpit. Overall, I am reasonably happy with the job.

As you can see, I haven't put any guns on. I'm still trying to find a colour scheme for the heavy weapons that I like.

Close up of the not very clear lightning details on the front 'stones.' I'm going to put some clear gloss over these to make them shine a bit more. I may also repeat the Motif on a larger scale on the front of the hull next to the cockpit.

This angle I think needs some decals to break the monotony.

Rear view: I like this view as it shows how much the fine lining makes the details stand out.

Overall the paint scheme went:
Goblin green over the whole model, followed by two heavy-ish washes of green ink. Then a layer of the dark green base colour. All of the panel lines were then done in black ink, then the fine lining done with a 1:1 of goblin green and white.

Started working on some guardians last night. Got two and the weapons platform done. May use the rest as a test bed for painting skills like soul gems.

2 comments:

  1. Good work I say. Painting all those lines in would do my head (and hand)in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually did them all twice. Once was a Practice run before I did the final layer of dark green, then again after. Going over all of the lines with black ink first really helped drive the definition. I am Happy with it, but I think I will go back and decorate it some, as currently this model is my centrepiece :)

    ReplyDelete