Sunday 2 June 2013

3 Gryphons


So as the image shows I have 3 of the IoB Gryphon riders. I have seen a couple of full on conversions where people have stripped the rider off completely and run the monster as an eagle (very cheap flyer unit for High Elves). Or I was thinking of stripping the wings off and having them as some kind of allied monstrous cavalry eg Demigryphs, or house ruling in something for them. Basically I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. The paint Job on the one at the back left is bad enough that I would happily attempt to do any and all conversions on that one first :)

7 comments:

  1. Is there anything in the High Elf book they can "count as"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. not really, we have eagles and Phoenixes (fire and frost) as monsters, no monstrous cav though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALthough I just had the thought that if I could get one or 2 more guys on I could run it as a skycutter chariot (flying chariot model)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I think skycutter sounds best

    ReplyDelete
  5. A post by Stem!

    I dread to think how it would go making a flying boat of your own. Perhaps a diversion from the norm and make it more a platform.

    Nice to see you posting anyway bro, even if it is stinky elfs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For a platform I have a couple of small off cuts of movement tray I could use (and a whole lot of green stuff), otherwise I would probably just try to mount another elf behind the first one, and ignore the requirement for a 3rd crew member.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wouldnt even make a platform just use the models as is

    ReplyDelete