Monday 22 July 2013

Paint identification

I have lamented to Paul and Rob that I am not 100% certain about the Nurgle marines.  It probably is the pessimist in me doubting them half way through.  That aside, I definitely will finish them before I make any rash decisions.

Anyway if it does not pan out, I still intend to play Chaos Spess Mehrens.  But I will go over to the dusty side and go with Thousand Sons.

However I am not a very excited by the traditional blue and gold paint scheme they use.  I very much like the one off picture they did in the Chaos Space Marine codex.  The trouble is (other than anything remotely resembling painting skill of course) is trying to get close matches for the paints.

If you feel so inclined, help me identify close matches for the base colours without any mixing.  I have used this chart, Dakkadakka Paint Compatibility, and Photoshop to attempt to ascertain the paints in the various areas.  If only PS kept clarity when you zoomed in, unlike all those damn TV programs and their forensic level awesome.

BTW I use Vallejo Game Colour, not Citadel.  Dropper bottles!

Alternate Thousand Sons livery

Headdress (alt lines) & gems - Heavy Violet
Headdress (other lines), left shoulder pad, gun body - Heavy Blackgreen + Black Wash
Armour & headdress edges -Glorious Gold + Black Wash
Armour main layer - Falcon Turquoise
Armour edging - Jade Green
Gun barrel and gun edging - Gunmetal/Gunmetal Metal

So, like, if you can spare the time, halp!

2 comments:

  1. By the looks of it you have the colour sorted or did I miss something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fine tuning them really.

    I had forgot about the Colour Chart from Vallejo which at least is a bit larger and easier to see. You can get it here, http://www.acrylicosvallejo.com/en_US/game-color/family/18.

    Going on that I have modified the colours slightly. Now need to get paints and test.

    ReplyDelete