Friday 26 July 2013

Chaos Space Marines of Nurgle - test paint scheme mark 3

Completed and varnished the Nurgle testers.  After examining the photos I feel I may need to touch up some of the churned mud, but not a bad effort first time using that stuff.  Note to self, halve the amount of plaster powder used.

Anyway, without further ado, here they are in all their non glory.

Nurgle three

Holey with extra bits - front view
Holey with extra bits - right side view
Holey with extra bits - rear view
Holey with extra bits - left side view
Mega crusty - front view
Mega crusty - right side view
Mega crusty - rear view
Mega crusty - left side view
Horny & crusty - front view
Horny & crusty - right side view
Horny & crusty - rear view
Horny & crusty - left side view



4 comments:

  1. Looking a lot better that before. However I really do think you need to pick out the guys in maybe a dull red colour. I think the head in general needs more colour.

    I suspect your undercoat didnt do you any favours as it does seem a little grainy.

    Backpacks look good, rusty weapons looks totally sweet.

    I also like the base work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bro. I do definitely feel better about them than before. As you say all those undercoats didnt do favours. The 4 or 5 layers of tamiya that did not come off prior attribute to much of the loss in features I think. I am considering going with blue eyes instead of read. An unholly glowing blue. Yeah pull that one off Aaron!

      Will take your head advice on board. I am going to build up some with the DG parts I got from FW and paint those, trying to be more careful, plus do some 1ksons.

      Hopefully the bases give the impression of what the turf is like before them, and what it is like after they have trudged through.

      Delete
    2. When you are up here I may try painting a marine in DG colours to show you how I would go about it.

      Delete
  2. I love the rusty effect. Looks good :)

    ReplyDelete