Monday 8 July 2013

Army So Far

Here are some pictures of what I have painted so far. This leaves me a total of 3 Jetbikes and a Farseer to paint although I did see a nice conversion using some high elf legs and Dire avenger spare parts for warlocks that I may have a try at as well. The Wraithguard and the War Walker are on the Slave to painting Alien Temple Bases. I have 10 of the small bases to paint up and will throw those on the guardians. They're a bit pricey, but bases are always my weak points, and I think sticking to the theme will help unify the army even more.



Close up on newly based models 
The paint scheme was purple on the raised areas with a red wash then highlighted blood red, the grey areas are just back washed, then a half and half of codex grey and white then highlighted white. The sunken areas are green black wash (s2p) and then GW green wash 2 layers. 




War Walker. I ran out of green wash for this model and since I was rushing I just used the S2P green black wash I have. Came out a  lot darker. Highlight is goblin green. Weapons are just light grey undercoat spray, followed by 2 layers of black wash. They look better IRL    :)

Dynamic Pose. I kind of wish GW would do more ball joints on the models to make them more pose-able. 

Dire Avengers. Kind of Happy with these guys. They looked really dull until I picked out some gems in red. If I get another batch, they will have a LOT less white on them.

Back of exarch showing pose

When I get more bases these guys will look pretty good  :) 

I'm off to Melbourne on Thursday, so pretty much everything is on hold til after I get back.
Look forward to seeing everyone else's painting contributions while I am away  :)




4 comments:

  1. Good work bro. I like them. Even if they are space pansies!

    Enjoy Melbourne too, mmm Lygon St, mmmm.

    I will have stuff up when you get back, but as for the other slackers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Josh, been busy it seems lol.

    Unfinished project #27 has stalled and I am currently looking into project #28. Rusty Necrons ftw.

    I am actually quite keen to play some games with Necrons, which is an improvement from all my marines. For some reason I can't motivate myself to play games with them.

    Will have at least 1k of them later this month so will endeavor to get them assembled ready for playing asap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds awesome! I will need to get some more stuff to build up to 1000pts. This may happen as part of my 'Travelling Expenses' :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think these are looking really good, however I really do think you need a contrasting bright colour.

    Green is normally a bright (ish) colour however they way you have painted it has dulled / darkened it down (looks cool) so the contrast is still needed.

    Personally I would try to get some red in there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete