Friday 26 July 2013

Fraternitatem Pulveris

Further onto my most recent post about the Thousand Sons, I have been trying to get a basic skeleton of how the Brotherhood of Dust is going to be on paper.  This of course will help me decide what models to get and how to build them for WYSIWYG.

I am very aware that they are not an optimum unit, nor is their traditional leader Ahriman.  So bearing their inherent weaknesses aside, I am trying to account for that in the army list.

I want the 1ksons to be a threat that opponents will ignore at their folly.  To do this I have a very large blob that Ahriman will attach himself to and then infiltrate to cover a majority of the field.  This I hope counters their slow speed.  Now with this group right in range the opponent can worry about them and direct fire power on, leaving the other units free to pounce, or if ignored perform an implacable advance to objectives and provide Ahriman with a reasonably resilient body guard.  Another reason for one large blob is that 1ksons are expensive because of the Sorcerer tax, so this avoids inflated costs on multiple squads.

The other units in the army are designed (hopefully) to cope with issues that the 1ksons have issues with, namely MSU, Armour, Fliers, small children, dolphins & harpsichords.

Let me know what you think and give me your thoughts if you care.

HQ
Ahriman 230pts

Elites
Terminators x 2, Terminator Champion x 1.  Combi-melta on each with Champion wielding a Chainfist as well, all MoT. 142pts

Troops
Chaos Cultists x 10. 50pts

Chaos Space Marines x 4, Aspiring Champion x 1, Rhino.  Not 100% on outlay, but will have one Heavy Weapon, probably Plasma? Get to objectives and sit with a wall. 110pts

Thousand Sons x 19, Aspiring Sorcerer.  The infiltrators. 495pts

Fast Attack
Helldrake w/Baleflamer. 170pts

Helldrake w/Baleflamer. 170pts

Heavy Support
Chaos Predator w/Lascannon Sponsons. 115pts

Forgefiend w/Ectoplasma Cannons. 175pts

Havocs x 4, Aspiring Champion x 1.  No outlay yet.

Total 1732 leaving me with 118 points for additional weapon outlays.


2 comments:

  1. Why 3 terminators? Squad seems too small to achieve anything.

    Cultist unit is way to small I think.

    Pad out the havocs with bolter marines to take some of the hits otherwise each death will be a HW or sgt.

    Not a fan of the giant squad. Can get bogged down easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Further to that I would suggest looking at also having a 2k point build as well.

    2k opens up a 2nd force chart which gives some more options on the table.

    ReplyDelete