Sunday 17 February 2013

Skulls for the Skull Throne!

OK so since my last post I've been thinking of alternate army lists and I recalled that Chaos Dwarves can be used in Warriors of Chaos lists.

There are certain guidelines in place, I would need to take a character and can take some warmachines as Rare choices.




If I take a Daemonsmith Sorcerer with the Fire lore and a dispel scroll, that would give me some much needed magic and magic defense, and then take a Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher and a Dreadquake Mortar as artillery which would give me some much needed ranged.





Deploying the Sorcerer near the warmachines would also give me rerolls and look out sir saves due to the Infernal Engineer rule the Sorcerer has, much like an Empire Engineer.




I already have a Chaos Dwarf army still in boxes from FW, and the Tamurkhan book, so this may work better than the original option I was looking at.

Obviously this all depends on the tournament scene and if FW is allowed.

Heres my list anyway.

LORDS

Chaos Lord
MoK
Shield
Juggernaut

HEROES      
      
Exalted Hero 
BSB  
MoK  

Daemonsmith Sorcerer
Dispel Scroll

CORE

29 Warriors
Full Command
MoK
Extra hand weapons

5 Warhounds


5 Warhounds

5 Marauder Horsemen
Shields
Throwing Axes
Musician

Chariot
MoK

SPECIAL

5 Knights
Full Command
MoK
Ensorcelled Weapons

3 Dragon Ogres
Great Weapons

RARE

Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher

3 Skullcrushers
Musician/Standard
Ensorcelled Weapons

Dreadquake Mortar
Slave Ogre

2400 points

The lord will join the Skullcrushers, the BSB will join the warriors.

I am thinking of losing some warriors to buy some magic items, probably a banner or 2, maybe a weapon for my lord.

With a large amount of really good melee troops, and an allied contingent of magic/ranged this may be a way I can play a more balanced list whilst still playing WoC.

3 comments:

  1. So you can field Chaos Dwarves and Warriors of Chaos together.
    Haxors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Chaos Dwarfs (note spelling) can be fielded as either an independent force or as part of a WOC force.

    TBH using them in WOC is a good way to build up a CD force. I would do it but I am hanging out to see what happens with Nurgle Daemons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dwarves is acceptable plural of Dwarf. Invented by a certain J R R Tolkein <_< You poof.

    http://grammarist.com/usage/dwarfs-dwarves/


    ReplyDelete