Thursday 14 February 2013

Mawsome - Initial Ogre list thoughts.

My Ogre list, that I am currently painting / building has never really been finalised in terms of what I would like to take to the field to test in the first few games.

I built my list and then looking around several forums to check my logic and give me some direction.

Here is where I am heading:




Slaughtermaster
General
Level 4 - Maw Lore
Glittering Scales
Fencer's Blades

Bruisers
BSB
Heavy Armour
Ironfist
Dragonhide Banner

Firebelly
Level 2
Dispel Scroll
Sword of Swift Slaying

Ogres
8 Ogres
HW / Ironfist
Bellower / Standard

Ironguts
8 Ironguts
Bellower / Standard
Standard of Discipline

Sabretusk
1 Sabretusk


Sabretusk
1 Sabretusk

Leadbelchers
4 Leadblechers

Leadbelchers
4 Leadblechers

Mournfang Cavalry

4 Mournfang Cavalry
Bellower / Standard
Heavy Armour
Ironfist
Gleaming Standard

Ironblaster
1 Ironblaster

Stonehorn
1 Stonehorn


2400 points


The combination of weapons on the Slaughtermaster's items should mean most enemy will need a 5 or 6 to hit him in close combat. The Firebelly has ASF which allows him to get the jump with his breath weapon.

The standards give the army a little more resilience in terms of leaderships test.

Thoughts?



2 comments:

  1. I would be the last person to ask being almost a complete WH novice.

    Do you have a good caster, ranged, heavy hitters and a bunker? I only going on Skaven guides but you seem to have it covered. So few models is criminal though, you dirty haxor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't really have a bunker / death star unit. I think they are kind of pants tbh.

    I have included the stuff that I want to see on the table with a few changes.

    Maw Lore is pretty average and I would prob be best using Heavens or Death (?). However I want to give it a go. However casters are fine.

    Mournfang Cav are pretty heavy hitters, as are ogres in general I am led to believe.

    Need to get it on the field to test it tbh.

    ReplyDelete