Sunday 19 January 2014

IH scheme test model

Finally got some painting done. Trying to get a "black but not black" scheme for my Iron Hands.

Went with black base coat, followed by grey highlights with the airbrush (went waaaaaaay overboard with this), followed by a watered down wash of turquoise (also way overboard), followed with another grey airbrush highlight then did all metallics silver, slight blue osl under eye slits and grey/white chapter symbol. Once all this was done I washed the shit out of it with black.

I really like it and it is rather easy and straight forward so painting a whole army should be a breeze.

7 comments:

  1. Looks good but I think you need to pick another colour to pick it out a little, like a dark brass, or maybe weather it a little. It looks just a bit too monochromatic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was initially going to do brass for the edging but in the massacre book all the pics are silver coloured metallics and black armour. And then the odd bit of white. End of the day they are Iron Hands and are described as being very practical without any fancy shit. Much like Death Guard in that respect I guess. I am going to get some other colours happening on other models but overall this is the scheme I will stick with. Also the bases will be another option for colour.

      Delete
  2. Maybe a really dark gold or bronze on the bolter? or brighten it up a bit with some silver highlights? in pre-heresy ere gear was actually new yeah? fresh off the production belt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Na. Non stop war for 200 years.

      And as Aaron knows well, I am certainly not a fan of the blingy look.

      Delete
  3. I have a huge Scibor robot that I may paint up similar to these and use as a statue for scerney

    ReplyDelete