Friday 24 January 2014

Hobby Resolutions

This is something I discussed with Paul, however it wasn't his cup of tea.

My thought was to mentally collect some hobby goals together and fine tune them down to say 3 goals for the year.

Over the last week I have been doing just this trying to decide what I want to achieve this year from my gaming. Considering the amount of gaming I do and the amount of models I have I knew these needed to factor in my goals.

Goal One: Gaming

Currently our gaming time in zero. I consider this to be a gaming and modelling hobby and as such I want to get more games in this year. Knowing how busy I will be and how hard it is to find time I want to aim for a simply one game a month. So by the end of year I will have played 11 games of 40k / Fantasy.

Not a lofty goal but one that is important

Goal Two: Paint an Army

I have a number of armies on the go. Simply put I want to complete an army for 40k or Fantasy (1850/2400) by the end of the year

Goal Three: Paint More Models

I also have many models for many armies. I aim to paint a total of 3000 points of models by the end of the year. This goal differs from Goal Two as an army will include wargear / magic items , unit upgrades etc. These points are for base model points alone as written in armybooks. For example I could not paint a wizard and "decide" to upgrade him to level 4 to gobble up some points.


These goals should be met pending on my workload throughout the year, however I know how hard it is to find time with two kids and now a new job so I think these goals are reasonable for someone in my position



3 comments:

  1. Nice goals Rob. Does not matter what others use to gear themselves up, as long as it works for you.

    I may do something similar and post up as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think putting "pen to paper" around the goals makes it easier to work towards, and to break down. For example I am going to try and paint in blocks of around 250 points when realistic, however 8 ironguts is circa 360 points where as 300 ish points will buy be 30 gobbos with fanatics.

    Goal 2 should come as a natural flow on from goal 3. Goal depends a lot on other people...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goal is for Aaron to paint my Great Company by the end of the year. Oh, and to get custom shoulderpads 3D printed for all 120 of them

    ReplyDelete