Tuesday 22 July 2014

WIP Shots

I have nearly finished my first two full Thousand Sons.  I have had a few issues, as I normally do, but points I have noticed.

Failcast is horrid!  Check out how smooth the helmet is.  That is not layers of paint on the forehead making it look funny.  There are also gaps in the the joins on it and twists and goddamn it is rubbish.  For my own well being I am going to have to track down some of the OOP metal & plastic kits.

And next, the hot fix super glue I have is vile.  It is too free flowing and even a touch of it destroys paint.  It is like acetone on steroids.  Plus I currently have no fingerprints on my left-hand because of it.

So, it has been a fun few weeks.  All that aside, some shots of one of the nearly finished article.  His brother is currently in the shop.

All is dust, or failcast.
Hmmm, green bugs.




3 comments:

  1. Dont be afraid to take them back or better yet complain and demand they send you new ones....why should you pay for fuel to have their mistake sorted....looks good though. I like your clean lines between yellow and blue sections, its not easy to,acheive. Well done. Are you using the hot glue for mini to base?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good. The paint looks a little think though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the glue I used. Dont go near it with a barge pole.
    http://shopping.franktonmodels.co.nz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=487_58&products_id=1487
    Not from that place though.

    ReplyDelete