Saturday 24 May 2014

New first unit completed...

I have done it.  I have completed the first unit in my army in the new colour scheme, and it is one I am totally in love with.  Yes, it is only the cultists but they are a taste of things to come.

I could not be happier with how these guys have turned out.  I really have pushed myself on these and learnt a few new tricks.  Now to just keep the momentum going.  Five marines are already on the chop for next.

Thousand Sons cultists!
As they grew organically based on a rough guide I thought I should write down just how I did them.  Man, talk about a long document.  All up thirty different paints, more if you include the layers on the base.

The rubble like sand on the bases, that is kitty litter ladies and gents.

Why anyone would want to be a cultist I do not know.  Poor medical and dental plan, crappier gear, poor chance of survival and an even less chance of progression.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, been a couple of months since i saw the blog, what with moves etc. Enjoying everybodys work, as i have iron hands sittingin their box enjoyed the kitbash/conversions going on there...also the 1k sons too, well done on the cultists they look good, you shouldbe really happy!
    2 things: if you ever finda mint limited ed iron father model make sure Dan Bs there to point it out to the seller, and the olour blue wants a public apology...blue tinted iron hands, nightlords and 1k sons color schemes....LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dan2!

    Dont you bash blue though! It will get you through! <_< Lame rhyming too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If your Highlanders perform well they may get a chance to join the All Blacks (Legion)?

    ReplyDelete