Monday 28 October 2013

Completed and final Thousand Sons test model

Here is the completed model.

I do like the colour scheme over the others.  I think as I get better with the NMM Gold it will sit better as well.

I realise its not the neatest job I have done, but I will be using a double 00 brush instead of a 0, when I do my real models.  Also probably need a dryer brush when doing the glow effect, but still I think I have progressed nicely and the major change, I have not used quickshade!

Thousand Son with random zombies watching on.
Thousand Son, still zombies, but like his back view.

4 comments:

  1. I really like the blue and the green glow, not too keen on the gold though, just looks brown to me tbh, may just be the photos though I guess. Also make sure you paint the other metallic parts like rivets, really makes a difference. Maybe do the rivets silver then wash the gold and rivets with some black wash?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 'gold' looks a bit different in person. More of a stone look actually. I think I need to tone down the shadow colours a bit and neaten it up. The rivets etc do have a highlight colour on them but obviously needs more.

    I was dismayed that my nmm gold did look different to the tutorial, but the guy is a GD winner so I shouldnt let that dismay me. Practice practice practice. And I do sort of like the stone look. Egyptian Architects ho! I think the next batch of figures may differ on the especially as they will be based white not black (+blue).

    Thanks for the support regardless Paul :). I was quite happy with that green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is the Son I was using as a base image to go from.

    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-yq_RQWrw5qA/TqiHws1oJbI/AAAAAAAAAEc/mqcu7ziM72o/w800-h800/thousand-son.jpg

    ReplyDelete